ksh and System 5

Mike Brookbank mike at mks.UUCP
Tue Dec 13 01:21:36 AEST 1988

In article <9126 at smoke.BRL.MIL>, gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn ) writes:

> The real Korn shell is the property of AT&T and is available for
> sublicensing.
>
> It is possible that somebody has a compatible implementation of
> ksh not based on AT&T sources, but I don't know of any.

My firm, MKS Inc., has a Unix-compatible version of the Ksh which is not based
on AT&T sources.  We originally developed the Ksh for use on Dos-based
machines and then recompiled the code to run on Xenix 286 and 386, Microport
and 386ix machines.
386ix machines.

     Mike Brookbank                          Phone: (519)884-2251
Mortice Kern Systems Inc.               UUCP: uunet!watmath!mks!mike
   35 King St. North                             BIX: join mks
Waterloo, Ontario  N2J 2W9                  CompuServe: 73260,1043