csh core dumping

Sven-Ove Westberg sow at ulmo1.mt.luth.se
Tue Dec 20 06:25:17 AEST 1988

In article <17890 at adm.BRL.MIL> reschly at BRL.MIL (Robert J. Reschly Jr.) writes:

|      Joe,
|
|   On a Gould 6080 running UTX2.0u06 (mostly 4.3ish) with a number of
|local hacks, the csh did not dump, but the tcsh did.  A quick look with
|adb showed that tcsh was calling strcmp with a NULL pointer.
|   Given that tcsh is derived from csh, I suspect that you are
|experiencing similar troubles.

Please note that he got an error on a VAX runnig bsd4.3 also. I took
a quick look with dbx and it is NOT a NULL pointer.

Sven-Ove Westberg, CAD, University of Lulea, S-951 87 Lulea, Sweden.
UUCP:    {uunet,mcvax}!enea!cad.luth.se!sow
ARPA:    sow%cad.luth.se at ucbvax.berkeley.edu  (only dumb ARPA mailers)
Internet: sow at cad.luth.se
Bitnet:  sow%cad.luth.se at sekth