SCCS version control

Michael Meissner meissner at xyzzy.UUCP
Mon Dec 19 02:38:31 AEST 1988

In article <2432 at xyzzy.UUCP> meissner at xyzzy.UUCP (Michael Meissner) writes:
| (ie, set the 'b' flag, which allows branch deltas).  You probably want to
| set up whatever scripts you use to create new sccs files to include -fb
| automatically.

(I know, following up to my own posting)

If you do use branch delta's, you also need to modify whatever you use
to create new sccs files to add:

	-r<rel>.1 -fd<rel>

where <rel> is the current release number.

An alternative to branch delta's is to use WHAT(1) strings that are
created by sccs.  You have to modify the code, so that each module
has lines of the form:

	#ifndef lint
	static char sccs_id[] = "%W% %G% %U%";
	#endif

and then by executing the what command on the binary, it will give you
a list of sources, their version number, and the day/time the last
change was made.  Note, for include files, you have to do something
tricky, like define a macro whose body is a string containing "%W% %G%
%U%", and have one routine initialize another static char array with
the macro.

--
Michael Meissner, Data General.

Uucp:	...!mcnc!rti!xyzzy!meissner