How do you find the user structure?

Arnold D. Robbins {EUCC} arnold at emory.uucp
Wed Dec 14 03:05:30 AEST 1988

In article <309 at lzaz.ATT.COM> hutch at lzaz.ATT.COM (R.HUTCHISON) writes:
>I wonder if anyone has thought about making the handling of the user
>area portable in SVR4?  It seems to be quite different in every
>version I've looked at.  I assume that the reduction of
>machine-specific code is an objective for new releases, especially in
>the memory management area.

Won't /proc in SVR4 finally handle this right? The kernel knows where
the u block is, let the kernel get it for you.

inews fodder
inews fodder
inews fodder
inews fodder
inews fodder
--
Arnold Robbins -- Emory University Computing Center
DOMAIN:	arnold at unix.cc.emory.edu
UUCP:	{ decvax, gatech, skeeve }!emory!arnold		BITNET:	arnold at emoryu1
PHONE:	+1 404 727-7636		FAX:	+1 404 727-2599