lim ((n -> infinity) UNIX System V Release n) == Multics ?

Malaclypse the Elder dwc at homxc.UUCP
Fri Dec 9 10:20:38 AEST 1988

In article <422 at ubbpc.UUCP>, wgh at ubbpc.UUCP (William G. Hutchison) writes:
>  Now, for my point: can small-to-medium UN*X software vendors cope with this
> complexity?  I see several things that might happen:
>
>  (1) The market might reject Sys V Release 4 as too bulky (not likely, but
>      possible: this might move people to OSF/AIX),

i suspect that since BOTH camps will be trying to get
the edge on each other in terms of new functionality and
compatibility with everything under the sky (i was going to
say SUN but that might be taken literally), that the systems
are going to get larger and larger very fast.

UNLESS 'smallness' of a system becomes a selling point...

danny chen
att!homxc!dwc