signals to running processes

Mike Khaw mkhaw at teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA
Fri Dec 2 06:23:38 AEST 1988

<555 at auspex.UUCP>, by guy at auspex.UUCP (Guy Harris):
> There are several systems that come to mind that 1) have SIGUSR1 as 30
> (by virtue of having picked up the 4.3BSD signal set) and 2) have
> "shmat" (by virtue of having picked up System V IPC).  SunOS releases
> 3.2 and later have both; I think Ultrix has "shmat" and probably has
> SIGUSR1 as 30 as well.

On Ultrix 2.2:

% fgrep SIGUSR1 /usr/include/signal.h
 *	Moved SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2 to 30 and 31 to conform with Berkeley *
#define SIGUSR1   30	/* User signal 1 (from SysV) */

% man -k shmat
shmop, shmat, shmdt (2) - shared memory operations
% nm /lib/libc.a | fgrep shmat
shmat.o:
00000000 T _shmat

Mike Khaw
internet: mkhaw at teknowledge.arpa
uucp:	  {uunet|sun|ucbvax|decwrl|ames|hplabs}!mkhaw%teknowledge.arpa
hardcopy: Teknowledge Inc, 1850 Embarcadero Rd, POB 10119, Palo Alto, CA 94303