AST or other dumb serial card for Xenix?

Nicholas J. Simicich njs at scifi.UUCP
Wed Dec 7 00:20:04 AEST 1988

In article <103 at epsilon.UUCP> jlg at epsilon.UUCP (My account ) writes:

>ANVIL has a cute card called the BRUMBY which we have used with SCO XENIX.
>We had an AST 4 port which wasn't working to our expectations. The cost diff
>between the AST and the ANVIL (which is intelligent) was less than $200.
>as in $400 vs $600. A much better choice at not much more money.

It should be mentioned that the Anvil Stuff is far from a "dumb serial
card".  It requires a special device driver, and the driver
communicates with the card at the read/write/ioctl level.  If the card
is in cooked mode, the card does all of the cooking.

I use the AIX version of the device driver.

--
Nick Simicich --- uunet!bywater!scifi!njs --- njs at ibm.com (Internet)