Pre-formatted tapes for HP drives

Victor Gavin vic at zen.UUCP
Sat Dec 3 23:34:49 AEST 1988

In article <469 at mmlai.UUCP> burzio at mmlai.UUCP (Anthony Burzio) writes:
>In article <274 at istsists.ca>, mathieu at ists.yorku.ca (Pierre Mathieu) writes:
>> Question 1) Is it possible to load tapes into this drive that
>> 	    are not pre-formatted and format them from HP-UX?
>Not possible.  HP uses a backwards file system.

Pardon! I'm sorry but HP uses the same file system as Berkely (HP call it HFS).
If your referring to the ancient SDF (Structured Directory Format); this was
implemented on the HP9000 series 500 (RIP) to allow access between HP-UX and
BASIC file systems on the same disk.

			vic
--
Victor Gavin						Zengrange Limited