Pre-formatted tapes for HP drives

Jack Hudler jack at csccat.UUCP
Tue Dec 6 03:57:40 AEST 1988

In article <1074 at statware.UUCP> scf at statware.UUCP (Steve Fullerton) writes:
>I used to purchase the 3M DC600HC tapes for use on a HP9144 on an HP1000
>and while they are pre-formatted, they are not certified.  For a 150 ft
>tape it required about 15 minutes to certify and an hour for 600 ft tapes.
>During the certification process, the system would be completely locked
>up and unusable.

I am not sure what 9000 box you are using but if you place an additional
HPIB card and place the tape drive on it then the lock up would not
occur. I have a 320 and the printer,plotter,floppys, and tape drive are
all on the internal HP-IB and the mounted drives are on the High-Speed
HPIB bus. Anyway you may know this but I just thought I would pass it
along.

						Jack Hudler

--
* OS2, what DOS should have been!