Pre-formatted tapes for HP drives

Anthony Burzio burzio at mmlai.UUCP
Fri Dec 2 01:11:29 AEST 1988

In article <274 at istsists.ca>, mathieu at ists.yorku.ca (Pierre Mathieu) writes:
> 	Here are a couple of questions about HP tape drives.
> Question 1) Is it possible to load tapes into this drive that
> 	    are not pre-formatted and format them from HP-UX?

Not possible.  HP uses a backwards file system.

> Question 2) If it is not possible, then does anybody know if other
> 	    companies than HP make these pre-formatted tapes?

Try MISCO at (800)631-2227 and ask for part number 6319.  For small
quantities, the price is $30.19 per tape.  They also have a very nice
cartridge organizer to hold 10 of the tapes neatly ($11.65 part #LF6324)...
I got overnight delivery of the tapes.