inheriting processes from other ttys

rjchen at phoenix.UUCP rjchen at phoenix.UUCP
Thu Feb 11 11:00:29 AEST 1988

Say my terminal freezes while running a program.  So I log on somewhere
else.  Question:  Can I get the process transferred from the frozen
terminal to my new (good) one?  That is, if the process were an editor,
I should be able to resume my editor session on the new terminal with
no ill effects.  (Presumably, after I transfer the process, I can kill
the login session on the hung terminal.)

If it makes any difference, I use the C-shell.

--
Raymond Chen	UUCP: ...allegra!princeton!{phoenix|pucc}!rjchen
		BITNET: rjchen at phoenix.UUCP, rjchen at pucc