Curses & Terminfo

Hwa Jin Bae bae at ati.tis.llnl.gov
Sun Feb 21 08:32:17 AEST 1988

In article <235 at intelisc.UUCP> joel at intelisc.UUCP (Joel Clark) writes:
>The translator is called `captoinfo`.  I've never used it.  Also if possible
>interest is `infocmp`, to look at the terminfo binary files.

Converting termcap to terminfo - use captoinfo
Converting terminfo to termcap - use infocmp -Cr

infocmp -Cr will not know how to translate some of the more advanced
terminfo parameterized strings functions.  You will get some error
string telling you to hand translate those to termcap, which is not
always easy (or possible).
Hwa Jin Bae
Control Data Corp.     bae@{ati,aftac}.tis.llnl.gov        (Internet)
4234 Hacienda Drive    {ames,ihnp4,lll-crg}!lll-tis!bae    (UUCP)
Pleasanton, CA 94566   hbae at plseca                         (smail)