is there copyright on CURSES ?

Chris Torek chris at trantor.umd.edu
Sun Feb 28 19:16:16 AEST 1988

In article <7369 at brl-smoke.ARPA> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn) writes:
>This is really a question of "trade secret", not of copyright.

Well now, that depends on with which curses library Michael started.
While I would advise him to check further first, I believe that the
one by Kenneth C. R. C. Arnold has been released into the public domain.
(Perhaps Ken will comment further.)  If, on the other hand, CURRY
is based on Mark Horton's curses, I would imagine Doug is right.
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Computer Science, +1 301 454 7163
(still on trantor.umd.edu because mimsy is not yet re-news-networked)