fpcc's name is not cc!!

Bob Calbridge bobc at killer.UUCP
Wed Feb 17 14:28:48 AEST 1988

In article <214 at mccc.UUCP>, pjh at mccc.UUCP (Peter J. Holsberg) writes:

> I have the floating point C compiler, fpcc, on my 3B2 (SVr3.0) but do
> not have cc.  I tried linking fpcc to ccso I can avoid editing every
> makefile that comes down the pike, but the system says (when I invoke
> cc) "name must end in fpcc".  Is there Aa way around this?  Thanks.

I have the same problem.  Not only with make but also with lint.  This
is in an educational environment and the instructors would like to
relieve the students of the need to be familiar with all the options
required to compile the programs.  They just want a simple form of

make filename

The lint utility is needed for all the instructors though.  We tried to
get an answer from the AT&T hotline but they acted as if we should have
had the source to lint and could change it from there.  The C+FP
manual casually mentions using make and lint as if there should be a ver-
sion on the install disk.  I don't find any.  I too would like an
answer.
Best,
Bob