YACC help

Russell Kent kent at tifsie.UUCP
Wed Feb 24 10:05:48 AEST 1988

in article <9806 at udenva.cair.du.edu>, news at udenva.cair.du.edu (netnews) says:

> 	Where can I find a good discussion of yacc? I don't mean an
> exposition on the internals of yacc, but practical examples of how to
> use it. Further, are there any PD versions floating about - I need to
> port this to a PDP running RSX-11M (don't laugh, we have lex running so far).
>
> 		Thanks,
> 			Richard  Neitzel

There exists a thorough discussion of YACC and LEX, as well as a useful
example of how to use them in a _real_ sense (not one of those trivial
examples we sometimes see) in a book recently published by Prentice-Hall.

Unfortunately, I do not have it in front of me, so the title is from memory:

    "Introduction to Compiler Construction Tools for UNIX"

It was stumbled upon at a B Dalton Bookstore down here.  I recommend it.
It even goes so far as to recommend changes to yacc.par.
For those of you who have yacc's that generate output without using
a yacc.par file (like Ultrix), I have a context diff which does the
same things.

--
Russell Kent                    Phone: +1 214 995 3501
Texas Instruments               UUCP address: