YACC help

Bill.Stewart wcs at ho95e.ATT.COM
Thu Feb 25 13:15:21 AEST 1988

In article <296 at tifsie.UUCP> kent at tifsie.UUCP (Russell Kent) writes:
:in article <9806 at udenva.cair.du.edu>, news at udenva.cair.du.edu (netnews) says:
:> 	Where can I find a good discussion of yacc? I don't mean an
:> exposition on the internals of yacc, but practical examples of how to
:There exists a thorough discussion of YACC and LEX, as well as a useful
:example of how to use them in a _real_ sense (not one of those trivial
:examples we sometimes see) in a book recently published by Prentice-Hall.

	Introduction to Compiler Construction with  UNIX\(tm
	Axel T. Schreiner, H. George Friedman, Jr.
	Prentice-Hall 1985, ISBN 0-13-474396-2

:> use it. Further, are there any PD versions floating about - I need to
:> port this to a PDP running RSX-11M (don't laugh, we have lex running so far).
	There are occasionally things that claim to be PD, but they aren't;
	I think one was on an old DECUS tape, and has been stolen to a few
	other places.  There are similar tools that *are* PD, such as Bison
	(part of the GNU project).
--
#				Thanks;
# Bill Stewart, AT&T Bell Labs 2G218, Holmdel NJ 1-201-949-0705 ihnp4!ho95c!wcs