layers vs SunView (Really: BRL environments)

Rich Salz rsalz at bbn.com
Fri Feb 12 00:08:00 AEST 1988

=Of course, as you know, BRL uses our own rendition of AT&T's DMD software,
=since we mostly have 4.nBSD-based systems and AT&T didn't offer a package
=for that environment.  At least the formerly-Teletype folks have arranged
=for a 4.nBSD distribution for the 630 software to be available.  (...
=.  Eventually there will be a BRL
=version of the 630 software, since the UCSD one is aimed at the native
=Berkeley environment, whereas I do software development in the System V
=environment, which I much prefer.)

This is really funny, no?  BRL wrote their own DMD package because it
wouldn't run in the BSD world.  Now they're glad because there will be
a BSD distirbution for the 630, but BRL will be writing their own because
they prefer SystemV.

Can you "NIH"?  :-)
--
For comp.sources.unix stuff, mail to sources at uunet.uu.net.