current pwd in prompt

Stafford Winters winterss at psu-cs.UUCP
Wed Feb 17 18:59:18 AEST 1988

   I missed the discussion on this topic, but I had a friend who inquired
about this.  I did work out a solution for csh using the change directory
command.  I put the following in my .cshrc file:

alias cd 'cd \!* ; set prompt="`pwd`> "'

so that every time I change directories the prompt will be updated.
Realize, this is slow, but it pleased a friend of mine who uses PCs every
day.

  ______
(_/ (_/|_(_/_     Tad Winters
winterss%psu-cs.cs.pdx.edu            or            winters%jacobs.cs.orst.edu