I need to create ANSI C function prototypes.

Brian Campbell brianc at cognos.uucp
Fri Feb 12 05:15:31 AEST 1988

In article <201 at fxgrp.UUCP> fxgrp!ljz at ames.arpa (Lloyd Zusman) writes:
! I'm looking for a program that will take old-fashioned C code and
! produce ANSI C function prototypes.
!
! For example, consider the following program fragment ...
!
! 	char *foo(a, b, c)
! 	char *c;
! 	int b;
! 	{ ... }
!
! This program would produce something similar to the following:
!
! 	char *foo(char *a, int b, int c);

I'm sure you meant to say "char *a;" in the program fragment, but I
won't comment on that...

I tried to do this once before.  I failed.  I wanted to have lint
create a lint-library for each source file, but lint libraries are not
particularly readable (they're not textual).  Anyway, perhaps someone
who knows a little more about the format of lint libraries can post
the information, or better yet, write a program that takes a lint
library and produces function prototypes?

Presumably you won't have to generate the prototypes too often.
--
Brian Campbell        uucp: decvax!utzoo!dciem!nrcaer!cognos!brianc
Cognos Incorporated   mail: POB 9707, 3755 Riverside Drive, Ottawa, K1G 3Z4