disassembling code on system V

Marty Leisner.Henr at xerox.com
Fri Feb 12 01:58:17 AEST 1988

I want to disassemble some library code on a Sys V.2 system to get an idea how
efficient the library is (specifically the memory and string instructions)
without having the source code.

I've played some with adb and sdb and I can get it to do an assembler trace as
it executes.  But how do I just say:

	disassemble from Address A to Address B, and if you understand the symbols,
print them out too.

Any magic sequence of commands in adb or sdb?  Or try something else?

(It seems SDB will mix the assembler and source in code I generate.  But I want
it to give me an indication how complicated the library code is).

marty
ARPA:	leisner.henr at xerox.com
GV:  leisner.henr
NS:  martin leisner:henr801c:xerox