Packet size & number of windows in UUCP

Neil Todd neil at ist.CO.UK
Fri Feb 5 22:03:22 AEST 1988

In article <398 at cogen.UUCP>, alen at cogen.UUCP (Alen Shapiro) writes:
.
.
> ukc (University of Kent U.K.) have had a version of uucp (I believe it
> is a p.d. version) that one can specify both packet-size and # of windows
> in the L.sys file. By tuning these fields I've been able to get our
> 2400baud tx light to remain on pretty steadily (with a regular rx ack
> flash that sometimes skips a beat but so what cos when the window param
> is set correctly, tx remains on).
.
.
> if ukc would mind me sending copies.
>
> It's the best thing since sliced chips
>
> --alen the Lisa slayer (it's a long story)
>
> ps anyone at ukc wanna comment?

OK, not a UKC comment but:- UKUUCP is not written by UKC, is derives
for HB (I believe), much of the dirty work was done by
Lee McLoughlin <lmjm at doc.ic.ac.uk> currently at Imperial College
in London. The majority of sites in the UK use it. Zillions of bug
fixes, plus improved structure of L.sys file, additional protocols
(currently g,f and t I think), runs nicely over X25 lines.

New release is currently on the cards, as for getting it that is
possibly a problem is it is NOT PD.

Neil

[neil at ist.co.uk		<- preferred
[neil at ist.uucp