yacc / perl problem ... cross generate your yacc output!

Henk Peek henkp at nikhefk.UUCP
Tue Feb 23 08:22:50 AEST 1988

->    >>It would be helpful if Larry could include the yacc output.
->    >Actually, we discussed this with larry when perl was first being
->    >developed. The problem is that the output of yacc contains AT&T
->    >propriatary code (inserted by the yacc program), and so yacc
->    >output can only be sent to parties with a source license.
->
->Actually, this *MIGHT* not be the case.  About 12 to 24 months ago,
->ATT put out an announcement saying that the stuff in /lib and /usr/lib
->could be used in vendor code without any licensing restrictions.
->	/r$

I remember me the same discussion. You could do it your self.
Cross generate the yacc output on a big unix machine!!
Take your yacc source to the big (32 bit!) unix machine and yacc it and
put the output and the 2 include-files to the c compiler on your
small unix machine. I have used it for a 16 bit machine without yacc.
I haven't tested it with perl.

Henk Peek  ..!uunet!mcvax!nikhefk!henkp.UUCP