Cron

Nigel Horne njh at root.co.uk
Wed Feb 24 02:55:06 AEST 1988

In article <10800014 at bradley> brad at bradley.UUCP writes:
>We have a 3b5 here (actually more than 1), that when a change is
>made /usr/spool/cron/crontabs /etc/cron doesn't pick up the change
>and the only way was to kill cron and restart it.

Actually there's no need to do that. You should change your crontab file
using the crontab(1) command rather than by hand. This command will also
"tell" cron that your file has been ammended and that it should reread.

-Nigel
Nigel Horne, Director of Quality and Programmes, UniSoft Ltd.
<njh at root.co.uk>	G1ITH	Fax:	(01) 726 2750
Phone:	+44 1 606 7799 Telex:	885995 UNISFT G	BT Gold: CQQ173