Embedding post-script images in troff text

Steven S. Levinn ssl at ticnj.UUCP
Wed Feb 10 01:10:29 AEST 1988

In article <901 at ora.UUCP>, tim at ora.UUCP writes:
> In article <4594 at venera.isi.edu>, cracraft at venera.isi.edu (Stuart Cracraft) writes:
> > Is there a way to embed post-script images in troff text?
> > For example, the PostScript language could be used to produce
> > a fancy table or image, and this PostScript language and/or
> > image could somehow be inserted in the middle of a troff
> > document.
> >
> It depends on the postprocessor you're using.  To include
> PostScript code in troff is simply a matter of using any one
> of a number of troff mechanisms.  For example, there's so
> called "transparent output":
>
>   \! PostScript code here

  Much more info about troff macros was included in the article

My question to those of you out there that use psfig and the psfig macros with
troff:

How do you include uploaded pictures from the mac in your troff document?
I upload (clover-F output) and try to include the files using psfig macros.
I don't understand the mac Postscript (output from macdraw or a screen sweep
from macterm for example) enough to include the proper %%BoundingBox info.
I'm not sure it would work even if I did.
Any pictures I include seems to eliminate
(or at least not print) any output before the last picture.
If any of you have sucessfully included pictures from the mac in your
troff docs please give me a call or send mail. I will summarize
any info I get.

For handwritten postscript the psfig macros work just great.  They
scale, allocate the correct amount of space and correctly
work like any troff pre-processor.

Thanks,
Steve Levinn
201-747-4700