Packet size & number of windows in UUCP

a.b.sherman andys at genesis.ATT.COM
Mon Feb 29 10:14:16 AEST 1988

In article <20522 at amdcad.AMD.COM> phil at amdcad.UUCP (Phil Ngai) writes:
>   [description of AT&T software licensing practices]
>I do not know how well such a policy can be enforced.  But we play by
>the rules at my company. Who wants to tangle with AT&T lawyers?
>
>If it seems like a rip off, complain to AT&T.
>
>--
>I speak for myself, not the company.
>
>Phil Ngai, {ucbvax,decwrl,allegra}!amdcad!phil or phil at amd.com

We play by the rules at AT&T too.  We pay for AMD chips (unless
they're samples :-) ) and we don't try to copy AMD designs.  Getting
a fair return for the expense of developing software is no more a
ripoff than getting a fair return for developing chips.  If chips
were as easy to copy as programs, you'd find yourself in the same
boat we are in.
--
andy sherman / at&t bell laboratories (medical diagnostic systems)
room 2h-097 / 480 red hill road / middletown, nj 07748