Curses & Terminfo

Brian T. Schellenberger bts at sas.UUCP
Sun Feb 21 13:05:20 AEST 1988

In article <465 at minya.UUCP> jc at minya.UUCP (John Chambers) writes:
|is sorta like a vt100, except it has more lines.  I'm using a
|vt100 entry, which works, but there are those unused lines

On terminfo systems (at least v5), you can simply set the environment
variable LINES and COLUMNS to make this now-common transformation.  I
set:

setenv TERM vt100
setenv LINES 47

Form my vt100-emulator on my Amiga, and it works great.  (This is being used
on an HP Unix system, but I am told that it is a standard sysV feature.)
--
                                                         --Brian.
(Brian T. Schellenberger)				 ...!mcnc!rti!sas!bts

DISCLAIMER:  Whereas Brian Schellenberger (hereinafter "the party of the first