KSH questions

Eduardo Krell ekrell at hector.UUCP
Mon Feb 15 08:36:16 AEST 1988

In article <437 at n8emr.UUCP> lwv at n8emr.UUCP (Larry W. Virden) writes:

>The first question is a 'technique' question.  I would like to have a series
>of aliases, etc initialized for each interactive shell that I invoke (whether
>it is under a terminal, pseudo terminal, etc.).  I would like to have a SUBSET
>of these aliases in effect for each korn shell command that I execute.

The ksh variable $- contains all the flags supplied to the shell when it was
invoked or by using the set command. All interactives shell have the -i
flag set, so you can put in your ENV file:

case $- in
	*i*)	... stuff for interactive shells ...
esac

    Eduardo Krell                   AT&T Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ

    UUCP: {ihnp4,ucbvax}!ulysses!ekrell		ARPA: ekrell at ulysses.att.com