Need help with NROFF, VI

Wietse Venema wswietse at eutrc3.UUCP
Thu Feb 25 21:49:03 AEST 1988

In article <2519 at mibte.UUCP>, jbh at mibte.UUCP (James Harvey) writes:
> Question:
>   How does one get an escape sequence out of NROFF?  I would
> like to use bold face, italics, underline etc. that are available
> from within the LaserJet.

How about writing a small filter program that translates the
underscores and backspaces in output from nroff to printer escape
codes? I wrote various of them for matrix printers or daisywheels,
and it even worked with eqn. lex(1) is quite convenient for this
sort of work, and it certainly is fast enough for printers :-)

		Wietse Venema
--
uucp:	mcvax!eutrc3!wswietse	| Eindhoven University of Technology
bitnet:	wswietse at heithe5	| Dept. of Mathematics and Computer Science