Getting print line to wrap around

John Gayman john at wa3wbu.UUCP
Sun Jan 31 15:05:44 AEST 1988

   I'm running Microport 2.3U and am having a problem with printing. My
printer is a Panasonic KXP-1091i (80 columns). I don't think this problem
is really specific to Microport. When I print files that have lines longer
than 80 characters, the characters beyond 80 do not wrap around on the
printer to a second line but instead are just chopped off at the 81st
character. I have the following defined:

lpset  /dev/lp  0  80  66

   I've tried other margin settings and then the lines get cut off at
whatever I have the right margin at. What do I have to do to get the
printer to wrap the lines around rather than just cut them off ? I've
tried printing by "lp filename" and "cat filename >> /dev/lp" and get
the same results. All suggestions are appreciated.

					---> John

--
John Gayman, WA3WBU              |           UUCP: uunet!wa3wbu!john
1869 Valley Rd.                  |           ARPA: wa3wbu!john at uunet.UU.NET