Fun with ignoreeof

Peter Shipley shipley at weaver.berkeley.edu
Thu Jan 28 13:54:39 AEST 1988

In article <2773 at dalcs.UUCP> thompson at dalcs.UUCP (Michael A. Thompson) writes:
}In article <2248 at tekcrl.TEK.COM> eirik at crl.TEK.COM (Eirik Fuller) writes:
}   ?  This is not intended to do much beyond amuse, but ...
}   ?
}   ?  I have the following two lines in .cshrc:
}   ?
}   ?  alias exit 'echo "Use ^D to exit"'
}   ?  alias logout 'echo "Use ^D to logout"'
}   ?
}   ?  They are there only as a joke, but they got me thinking.  Suppose I
}   ?  also say "set ignoreeof".  How do I logout?  No fair using unset or
}   ?  unalias or alias -- they give any number of obvious two-liners.  Can
}   ?  I do it with a one-liner? (Using ";" is cheating too :-).
}
}	How about "kill -1 $$" (i.e. send a hangup to yourself, of
}    course your .logout file won't be exexuted, but then there are
}    other times that it doesn't get executed)

Or how about ^D 15 or 20 times?

Pete Shipley:
email:   shipley at violet.berkeley.edu     Flames:  cc-29 at cory.berkeley.edu
         ucbvax!violet!shipley                    ucbvax!cory!cc-29
Spelling corections: /dev/null                    Quote: "Anger is an energy"