Tabs in VI

Bill.Stewart.[ho95c] wcs at skep2.ATT.COM
Tue Jul 5 06:45:16 AEST 1988

Someone asked how to get vi to do autoindent using spaces rather than
tabs.  I'm not sure all of the implications, but
	:set tabstop=0
will let you do autoindent without tabs.  Already tabbed text seems to
get treated decently.

The vi Bug: The reason I'm crossposting to comp.bugs.misc is that
there's a bug in the hardtabs handling that causes vi to dump core.  Try
	:set hardtabs=0
and watch for the floating point exception.
--
#				Thanks;
# Bill Stewart, AT&T Bell Labs 2G218, Holmdel NJ 1-201-949-0705 ihnp4!ho95c!wcs