changing dir inside shell

bianco at uxe.cso.uiuc.edu bianco at uxe.cso.uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 28 06:56:00 AEST 1988

Many thanks to those that responded to my question. The two answers I
have been told are:

1)   Instead of 'sh mover', try '. mover' (if you're using sh or ksh) or
     'source mover' (if you're using csh).

2)   If you are running a shell which supports aliasing, you can:

     alias mover="cp *.me /usr/tmp;cd /usr/tmp"

-----------
ucbvax!garnet!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720
-----------
Tracey Baker  {att, rutgers!moss}!mhuxu!tab or tab at mhuxu.att.com  (201)582-5357
-----------
newcomb at cory.Berkeley.EDU Tom Newcomb
 jfh at rpp386.uucp  -john	(The Beach Bum at The Big "D" Home for Wayward Hackers)
internet: mkhaw at teknowledge.arpa  Mike Khaw
uucp:	  {uunet|sun|ucbvax|decwrl|uw-beaver}!mkhaw%teknowledge.arpa
DOMAIN: dsix2!daveh at masa.com                                /dsix2!daveh
  UUCP: {uunet | rutgers | spl1 | ...}!{masa.com | hombre}!<
Dave Hammond                                                \marob!daveh