RCS and SCCS

Doug Gwyn gwyn at brl-smoke.ARPA
Sun Jul 3 05:00:59 AEST 1988

In article <3494 at rpp386.UUCP> jfh at rpp386.UUCP (The Beach Bum) writes:
>there is much more to SCCS than admin, get and delta.

My point is that you rarely need to worry about the others.

We use SCCS routinely here (some of us do, anyway), and I recall
using "comb" and "prs" only a couple of times each, "sccsdiff" a
few times, and other SCCS utilities I didn't mention not at all.
We have used some of the "admin" options to control who gets to
modify the archives etc. but even that is wrapped up in a "new_sccs"
shell script so it's easy to use.

I agree that SCCS is not perfect (branch deltas are a botch, for
example), but neither is RCS.