Mail Questions

Ge' Weijers ge at hobbit.sci.kun.nl
Thu Jul 7 18:14:33 AEST 1988

In article <129 at chiron.UUCP>, jon at chiron.UUCP (Jon L. Griffeth) writes:
> 2. I'm also developing a mail system between numerous PC's and a central
>    UNIX host.   I've heard about a mail server called 'POPS'.  Does anyone
>    know where I can get information concerning this?

POP stands for Post Office Protocol and is a protocol from the Arpa suite.
It is included with the MH mail system. It enables a host on an ethernet
(although a special login could probably be used too) to download
mail from a host with the POP server.
--
Ge' Weijers, Informatics dept., Nijmegen University, the Netherlands
UUCP: {uunet!,}mcvax!kunivv1!hobbit!ge