Sizes of various editors (was Re: Textedit wars (was vi vs emacs in a student environment))

O. W. Holmes gph at hpsemc.HP.COM
Fri Jul 15 07:26:18 AEST 1988

--
   Along a similar vein, there is an editor on HP3000 systems called
   QEDIT, which is one of the very best editors I have ever used.  It

   However, these editors require Block Mode terminals, and they are
   not able to move the cursor based upon what is on the screen.

   The future likely lies in using a PC workstation, removing all
   possible keystroke interrupt overhead from the mainframe cpu, and
   allowing bit-mapped graphics for token-represented object oriented
   editing/development (how's that for a sentence?).

                         - gph