UUCP over a serial line through a Bridge CS/200 server

R. Peterson roe at sobeco.UUCP
Tue Jul 26 08:22:53 AEST 1988

>From article <1387 at valhalla.ee.rochester.edu>, by badri at valhalla.ee.rochester.edu (Badri Lokanathan):
> Recently our department acquired a CS/200 communications server
> manufactured by Bridge Communications, Inc. ...
> ... The connection seems to open up correctly, but there is a
> failure in the g protocol:
> bad header 0221,h->ccntl 0110
             ^^^^
This almost always means that something in the communication link is
'swallowing' flow control characters (throw away the hi-bit of 0221 and
you get 021, the famous control-q).

Your bridge is probably trying to flow-control the link.  I have no idea
how to disable that.  Check the manual.

					Roe Peterson
					{attcan,mnetor!telly}!sobeco!roe
					"To err is human...