vi vs emacs in a student enviro

Rick Richardson rick at pcrat.UUCP
Thu Jul 7 22:10:21 AEST 1988

I first used "vi" (3 months), then "emacs" (for 1 year),
and then I went back to "vi" (now 8 years).

The choice between these two editors depends upon two things:

	How long is your left pinky?
	How long is your short term memory?

If you have very short pinkies, then you'll be happier with (moded) vi.
If you have a short memory, then you'll be happier with (modeless) emacs.
If you have both problems, then you should immediately choose another field.

I have short pinkies.  Luckily, despite rumors to the contrary, pinky
length is not related to any other anatomical feature. :-) :-) :-) :-)
--
		Rick Richardson, PC Research, Inc.

(201) 542-3734 (voice, nights)   OR     (201) 389-8963 (voice, days)
uunet!pcrat!rick (UUCP)			rick%pcrat.uucp at uunet.uu.net (INTERNET)