visible bell

Pete Shipley shipley at web2a.berkeley.edu
Fri Jul 22 04:39:06 AEST 1988

In article <1889 at stpstn.UUCP> aad at stpstn.UUCP (Anthony A. Datri) writes:

>I've got a variety of termcap entries here, some standard, some homebrew,
>that include the vb (visible bell) attribute.  My question:  How do I get
>things (eg, csh) to use the visible bell instead of beeping?
>
>(sun3/variety, sunos 3.2/4.0)

One way is to defile the audible bell character "bl" to the
visible bell sequence.

Pete Shipley:
email: shipley at widow.berkeley.edu           Flames:  cimarron at zen.berkeley.edu
       uunet!lurnix!shipley or ucbvax!zen!shipley or pyramid!hippo!peter
Spelling corections: /dev/null                    Quote: "Anger is an energy"