Determining if a given path is a file system.

Frank Peters PETERS%MSSTATE.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu
Mon Jul 4 17:43:31 AEST 1988

Please forgive what is probably a childishly simple question.

Given a complete path, how do I determine if that path identifies
the mount point of a file system (from within a C program).  So
far the only solution I can find is to read the system mount
table.  It seems as if there should be a simpler way but I can't
seem to find one in my programmer reference manual.

Thanks in advance for any help.  Please send replies to me and I
will summarize to the list if interest warrents.

                        Frank Peters