call back

Daniel P. Kionka dank at cerebus.UUCP
Mon Jul 25 12:22:47 AEST 1988

In article <717 at euraiv1.UUCP> evas at euraiv1.UUCP (Eelco van Asperen) writes:
>in article <301 at eurtrx.UUCP>, evas at eurtrx.UUCP (Eelco van Asperen) says:
>>
>> If your machine has 'cu' (call Unix), then it's simple; I've got a
>> small script that looks up users in a callback-database, locates a
>> free dialer and starts the dial-back. Shout if you want it.
>
>Since I made this offer, my mailbox has been flooded with requests for
>this script so I've decided to post it. I don't consider this a very
>elegant script but then it does what it's supposed to do.
>X(nohup ct -w${WAIT} -s${BAUD} -x${DEBUG} 0-${PHONENUM})&
         ^^
	 Oh no, call terminal!!!

This is a very useful script, but it is based on "ct", not "cu".  I
think the original poster and I have the same problem -- we can't find a
copy of "ct".  I heard that it is a SysV utility, and we have BSD.
Since there were many requests for the script using it, I am sure it
would be worth posting a "ct" program, if anyone has one.  Thanks.

--
Dan Kionka			{amdahl,unisoft,uunet}!cerebus!dank
Fujitsu America Inc., San Jose, CA, (408) 432-1300 x5205