Sun 3 vs uVAXII floating point speed....

Barnacle Wes wes at obie.UUCP
Sun Jul 17 04:40:41 AEST 1988

In article <59936 at sun.uucp>, guy at gorodish.Sun.COM (Guy Harris) writes:
> Now I think DEC may offer the VMS FORTRAN compiler on Ultrix as well, and that
> also has a "real" optimizer.

Yes, they do.  The VAX optimizer may help your code more than you expect
unless you're very good at writing f_a_s_t_ Fortran (as opposed to nice,
readable Fortran).
--
                     {hpda, uwmcsd1}!sp7040!obie!wes
           "Happiness lies in being priviledged to work hard for