Curses question

Alan Beal dlsc1032 at dlscg1.UUCP
Wed Jun 22 21:35:22 AEST 1988

I am looking for an example curses program that forks/execs a process, reads
the output(both stdout and stderr) from the process, and displays the output
in a small window by scrolling.  The output window will be a small part of
the original screen and I would like the process's output to only scroll
within the output window.  In an attempt to learn how to do this, I have
found that using mvwaddstr() will not cause scrolling if you move text
beyond the limits(x-axis) of the defined window.  If I just keep using
addstr(), the text will go beyond the x and y limits of the window and
logical scrolling will occur.  Is there a proper way to do all of this?
I am using the Nutshell Curses book as a reference but as usual there are
too few examples and only short explanations.  Are there any more fuller
discussons or examples of how to use curses in this manner out there?

--
Alan Beal   DLSC-ZBC                 Autovon    932-4160
Defense Logistics Services Center    Commercial (616)961-4160