HOW DO I MAKE VI'S AUTOINDENT NOT USE TABS?

Clark Morgan clarkm at tekig4.TEK.COM
Tue Jun 28 17:53:13 AEST 1988

?In article <1219 at bakerst.UUCP> kathy at bakerst.UUCP (Kathy Vincent) writes:
>In article <2965 at tekig4.TEK.COM> clarkm at tekig4.UUCP I whine:
>
>    ....about Vi putting tabs in my files....

?I'm coming in late to this discussion, so if I missed something,
?well, sorry.
?
?But there *is* an option that says not to auto-tab.
?
?I use vi all the time - using SVR2 and SVR3 on 3B20s, and using
?3.5 UNIX on my on my UNIX PC.  I never get any tabs I don't explicitly
?ask for.
?
?I did a
?
?    :se all
?
?to check the settings I have when I'm working, and included in the
?list is one
?
?    noautoindent
?
?That must be the default on all the systems I work on because I don't
?ever set up anything.
?
?Kathy Vincent ------>  {ihnp4|att|codas|pacbell}!bakerst!kathy
?              ------>  { favourite AT&T gateway }!wruxh!unix

Um Kathy, I want autoindent + NO TABS (for C programs and the like).

Clark Morgan, Tektronix Lab Instruments Engineering  (503) 627-3545
clarkm at tekig4.LEN.TEK.COM  |  {...,decvax,uw-beaver}!tektronix!tekig4!clarkm
US Mail: Tektronix, P.O. Box 500, DS 39-087, Beaverton, OR  97077