plot, graph

Mitchell Wyle wyle at solaris.UUCP
Sat Jun 25 22:31:11 AEST 1988

My wife needs grids with numbered tic marks for her lab report graphs.
Has anyone hacked graph(1) to add numbers to the tic marks?  According
to the manual (yes, I RTFM (read the fine manual)):

>     -g gridstyle
>         Gridstyle is the grid style: 0 no grid,  1  frame  with
>         ticks, 2 full grid (default).

and graph(1) always puts a key at the bottom left of how he scaled the
graph.  The home-grown packages here are too applications specific.
I'm looking for a robust scatter-plot package.

We have NO arpa FTP here.  Please reply via e-mail.  As always I'll
post a summary if there are more than 2 me-too's.

I don't have and therefore haven't looked at: gnuplot, graph+,
crc_plot, vplot, quickplot, or lplot.  If anyone (preferably in Europe)
uses any of these PD packages, and knows it's what I want, I would
appreciate his sending it my way.

Cheers, and thanks!   -Mitch
-Mitchell F. Wyle            wyle at ethz.uucp
Institut fuer Informatik     wyle%ifi.ethz.ch at relay.cs.net
ETH Zentrum
8092 Zuerich, Switzerland    +41 1 256-5237