VT100 emulators

GOOG ?? goog at a.cs.okstate.edu
Fri Jun 10 23:53:30 AEST 1988

In article <10383 at udenva.cair.du.edu> R. Neitzel writes:
>Due to a small windfall, I am now able to afford a small computer.
>I want to be able to use the system to access the UNIX machines at
>school. My budget limit is about $800-900, so I figure on looking at
>the following systems: C64, C128, Apple IIx. My question is: what
>VT100 emulations are available if any for these machines? If not a
>VT100, what about other common terminals? Will they give true 80x24
>lines?

I use a C64 with a vt100 emulator on our UNIX machine all the time.  There
are two ways to do it, either check comp.sys.cbm and see if you can get
either of the two vt100 emulators that are being talked about there (one
is Kermit, the other I do not know the name of). Or, you can get a copy of
VIP Terminal and write a terminfo or termcap (depending on which version
of UNIX you run) that eliminates the need for a vt100 emulator.  All of the
mentioned programs will give you 80X24 lines.  In addition, Kermit gives
you Kermit protocol which you may or may not find you need.

Good luck

Steve Koinm                Internet:  goog at a.cs.okstate.edu
124 S. Duncan                         steve at nemo.math.okstate.edu
Stillwater, OK  74078      UUCP: {cbosgd, ihnp4, rutgers}!okstate!goog
Department of Mathematics  Oklahoma State University