remote commands break after changing IP address, HELP

Marc Lesure system at asuvax.UUCP
Thu Jun 9 03:13:28 AEST 1988

We recently changed our IP numbers from the form 1.0.0.x to 129.x.y.z
to allows us to connect to WestNet later this summer.  After the change,
all our Unix's and non-Unix's could telnet and ftp fine.  However, the
remote commands on the Unix's stopped working (rlogin, rsh, rcp, ...).
Does any one know why?  What did I forget to do?  Our Unix's include
4.3bsd, Ultrix 1.2, HCX/UX 2.2, and Sun's Unix.