VT100 emulators

Mike I'm in love with my car Meyer mwm at eris.berkeley.edu
Sat Jun 11 09:05:02 AEST 1988

In article <10383 at udenva.cair.du.edu>, R. Neitzel writes:
< Due to a small windfall, I am now able to afford a small computer.
< I want to be able to use the system to access the UNIX machines at
< school. My budget limit is about $800-900, so I figure on looking at
< the following systems: C64, C128, Apple IIx. My question is: what
< VT100 emulations are available if any for these machines? If not a
< VT100, what about other common terminals? Will they give true 80x24
< lines?

An Amiga A500 + monitor will run you around $900. I've got a PD VT100
emulator that I run all the time (usually leave it running with a biff
behind my working screen when working locally so I get beeped for
mail). I get 80x48 lines, plus mouse support from GNU emacs (that
mimics the mouse support on the mg running on the Amiga). It may
stretch your budget a bit, but the extra functionality is could be
worth it.

	<mike
--
So this is where the future lies			Mike Meyer
In a beer gut belly; In an open fly			mwm at berkeley.edu
Brilcreamed, acrylic, mindless boys			ucbvax!mwm
Punching, kicking, making noise				mwm at ucbjade.BITNET