why doesn't command history work for user root?

Mario Dorion mdorion at cmtl01.UUCP
Mon Jun 6 14:03:02 AEST 1988

Can anyone explane to me why doesn't command history work for user root?

I onced looked at the sources of the korn shell and it says something like:
(this is just from memory)

if (userid != 0 )     /* no history for root */
  {
    blah; blah; history processing stuff;
  }

Why?

Also, the 'jobs' command does not work that well either for root.
--
     Mario Dorion              | ...!{rutgers,uunet,ihnp4}!
     Frisco Bay Industries     |            philabs!micomvax!cmtl01!mdorion