utility to determine rlogin?

Root Boy Jim rbj at cmr.icst.nbs.gov
Fri Jun 24 08:44:47 AEST 1988

? From: Rick Lindsley <richl at penguin.uss.tek.com>

? Jerry Peek <jerryp at cmx.npac.syr.edu> writes:

?    So, setting up my .login was easy.  I put a test like this one in it:

?        switch ("`ttykind`")
?        case network:
? 	       # do stuff for network login
?        case xxx:
? 	       # do stuff for xxx login
?        default:
?
? In article <16109 at brl-adm.ARPA> rbj at icst-cmr.arpa (Root Boy Jim) writes:
?
?     Why not just do `switch ($term)'? You don't need ttykind, except for
?     finding out *other* peoples terminal types.

? Because rlogin will pass the terminal type across for you. $term may not
? provide the information you want.

? Rick

Well, I see your point, but still disagree. If I rlogin from a sun console
to a VAX, why would I want anything other than a Sun termcap?

	(Root Boy) Jim Cottrell	<rbj at icst-cmr.arpa>
	National Bureau of Standards
	Flamer's Hotline: (301) 975-5688
	The opinions expressed are solely my own
	and do not reflect NBS policy or agreement
	Careful with that VAX Eugene!