SYS V sigset(2)

Root Boy Jim rbj at cmr.icst.nbs.gov
Fri Jun 24 08:44:41 AEST 1988

? From: Jeff Bowles <bowles at lll-crg.llnl.gov>

? Now, before going any further, repeat after me: "System V Release N+1
? must not change functionality of programs compiled to run under System V
? Release N."

So it would appear. Howver, if SV is truly to be merged with BSD, something
must give, and there are definitely cases where the BSD approach is
superior, or where TPC has added features of little value.

One obvious impact is the file system reorganization that Sun and Berkeley
are working on. Do any of the Sun people have anything to say about
either of these two points?

? 	Jeff

	(Root Boy) Jim Cottrell	<rbj at icst-cmr.arpa>
	National Bureau of Standards
	Flamer's Hotline: (301) 975-5688
	The opinions expressed are solely my own
	and do not reflect NBS policy or agreement
	Careful with that VAX Eugene!